How to Start Your Improvement Project in Montgomery, AL
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Montgomery Dept. of Zoning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Montgomery Community Action Committee
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
HUD Community Planning & Development
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Montgomery Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Montgomery AL Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Montgomery AL Information
A Closer Look at Montgomery, AL
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: hurricanes, tornadoes, thunderstorms, flooding
Elevation: 240 ft.
Average Temperature: 77 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 53 in.
Average Snowfall: 1.5 in.