How to Start Your Improvement Project in Rockford, IL
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Rockford Dept. of Zoning & Land Use
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Rockford Remodeling & Repairs Programs
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Rockford IL Building Permits Information
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Rockford IL Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Rockford IL Information
A Closer Look at Rockford, IL
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: wind, cold weather, thunderstorms, tornadoes
Elevation: 715 ft.
Average Temperature: 47.9 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 36.63 in.
Average Snowfall: 35.2 in.