How to Start Your Improvement Project in Lafayette, LA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
City of Lafayette LA Zoning
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether building permits will be required:
Lafayette LA Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Lafayette LA Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Lafayette LA Information
If necessary, file construction complaints here: Louisiana Contractor Licensing Board
A Closer Look at Lafayette, LA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: tornadoes, lightning, thunderstorms, hurricanes
Elevation: 36 ft.
Average Temperature: 68 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 62 in.
Average Snowfall: .2 in.