How to Start Your Improvement Project in Portland, ME
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project requires a permit:
Portland ME Building Permits Information
A Closer Look at Portland, ME
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design:Hurricanes, snowstorms
Elevation: 62 ft.
Average Temperature: 45.7 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 45.8 in.
Average Snowfall: 70.4 in.