How to Start Your Improvement Project in Detroit, MI
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Detroit MI HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Detroit MI Building Permits
6) Check the records of contractors you're considering:
Detroit MI Better Business Bureau
Get general information about this area here: Detroit MI Information
A Closer Look at Detroit, MI
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design:Snowstorms, cold weather
Elevation: 600 ft.
Average Temperature: 51 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 33.5 in.
Average Snowfall: 41 in.