How to Start Your Improvement Project in Syracuse, NY
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Syracuse NY Zoning
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Syracuse NY HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Syracuse NY Building Permits
A Closer Look at Syracuse, NY
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Snowstorms, icestorms, cold weather
Elevation: 380 ft.
Average Temperature: 47.5 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 40 in.
Average Snowfall: 115.6 in.