How to Start Your Improvement Project in Salt Lake City, UT
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Salt Lake City UT Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Salt Lake City UT HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Salt Lake City UT Building Permits
A Closer Look at Salt Lake City, UT
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Snowstorms, icestrorms, cold weather
Elevation: 4,226 ft.
Average Temperature: 54 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 18 in.
Average Snowfall: 59 in.