How to Start Your Improvement Project in Charlottesville, VA
1) Before you begin a major project, check for local zoning and safety restrictions:
Charlottesville VA Planning Department
2) Find out about any available local home improvement incentives and programs:
Charlottesville VA HUD Home & Communities
3) Check to see if your improvements qualify for US tax credits or incentives:
Tax Credits for Energy-Saving Improvements
4) Get free estimates from local prescreened contractors:
Prescreened Local Contractors
5) Find out whether your project will require permits:
Charlottesville VA Building Permits
A Closer Look at Charlottesville, VA
Geographic and weather concerns that may impact building and design: Hurricanes, thrunderstorms
Elevation: 594 ft.
Average Temperature: 55.5 degrees F
Average Rainfall: 42.5 in.
Average Snowfall: 13 in.